Old 27-04-2008, 08:32 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Container Garden:Transplanting Mint

In article ,
"R M. Watkin" wrote:

Hi All,
"kitamun" wrote in message
.net...

I received from Nichols Seed Company yesterday the two mint plants I
ordered in January. One is a Black Simpson peppermint and the other a
spearmint. I am considering transplanting them both to a seven gallon
nursery pot. They will share an apartment for a while until I figure-
out how much of each I will use. If I need more of either for my
kitchen later I will take a cutting or a root to another location.

Are there cautions to this plan that my inexperience in gardening is
not allowing me to see?

Any comment is welcome.

Thank you.

Kitamun

Most mint will take over everyting if you do not keep it under control. It
is best kept in some sort of container otherwise you will be lumbered with
trying to dig it out for ever. Hope tis helps you.

Richard M. watkin.

The alternative is to adopt a border collie.

She totally destroyed my mint patch. g

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."
-- Jack Nicholson