Old 27-04-2008, 08:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
zzapper zzapper is offline

Default Special Lawnmover Oil a Con?

On Apr 27, 8:04*am, bobharvey wrote:
On 26 Apr, 11:39, zzapper wrote:

My new mower has a hook on the handle for the Starter Cord *but I
cannot for the life of me see why, can anyone explain?

I think the idea is that you don't have to bend so far to pull-start
it. *This is particularly useful if it is one of those that stops when
you let go of the safety handle. *The cord is made a bit longer, so
you have not lost any revolutions per pull. * I suspect the whole
thing is supposed to avoid back injuries - or at least to be seen
doing something to avoid back injuries if it comes to litigation.

Hi
I've bought the proper oil, I guess I wont need much any way.
The "catch" with my new mower is that you cannot leave it running
while you move say a flowerpot, because as soon as you let go of the
handle the engine stops. Good for safety but a nuisance.

My main grumble is the manual.
a) it was a combined manual for my push model and the more complicated
self-propelled version - very confusing
b) The diagrams had no blow up of essential bits
c) I could only understand the manual AFTERWARDS
d) No principles were explained
e) The front wheels were folded the wrong way, I guess to store
easier- not in manual

I am an engineer so why did I have to struggle to understand a simple
mower!!!

BTW Could hardly mow anyway as this year we ave a very nice crop of
cowslips

Thanks for your replies
zzapper