Old 27-04-2008, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Pond Questions

Šave wrote:
I have a pond that measures about 5 feet by 3 feet, is there a way of
keeping leaves out of the pond whilst letting wildlife in and out? At
the moment I have a net over it weighed down my bricks, stones &
plants with one corner in the most sheltered area raised by a couple
of stones... is there a better method as leaves still find their way
in. Also, if I add some water snails is there a certain number I
should aim to keep their population below to keep the toxins down
from their waste?
TIA

Dave

More info needed. How deep is the pond?
Have you got fish in it, if so, what and how many?
Is the pond planted?
If leaves still get in, can you not use a finer mesh net?
As to water snails, personally, I'd avoid them altogether.............
keeping their population down requires killing them....sorry mate, can't go
along with that.
You will find friendly people with answers to most pond questions
http://www.forums.pondlife.eu/forum/index.php
HTH
--
Pete C