Old 28-04-2008, 01:48 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Father Haskell Father Haskell is offline

Default Potting soil

On Apr 27, 1:40 pm, Billy wrote:
Tell me again, why isn't potting soil re-used? I'm getting ready to pot
the sweet basil in the pots that I used last year. It seems a little
manure would, rock phosphate, wood ash, and bone meal would have it back
in shape. There were no disease problems with the basil last year.
Whatcha think?

Discard if you had pest or disease problems, otherwise
leach it to clear fertilizer salts and add a shot of dolomite
to bring pH back to within 6.0 to 7.0 range. Organically
maintained potting soils can be reused indefinitely.