Old 22-02-2003, 05:27 PM
Bob

Default New visiter to pond

On 22 Feb 2003 15:32:44 GMT, ESPMER (K30a) wrote:
Thanks K30...I went out this morning trying to locate it, but didn't
see it in the pond...have quite a few large rocks, I don't know if
it's hiding. The night before I heard something that I wasn't sure if
it was a bullfrog, but after getting up on the net and listening to
their call....it was a bullfrog, but it wasn't in the pond, but was
coming from a wooded area outside my fence. I'm wondering would it
spend it's days outside the pond and only come at night? Las year we
had many different kinds of frogs, but no bullfrogs. This guy was so
loud that he woke me up out of a sound sleep. Thanks for your
response.
Bob
I know other people can catch bullfrogs, probably depends on the configuration
of their ponds.
My youngest son can catch them, accompanied by one of the water gardening
labradors. The best method is to spotlight them at night and sneak a net up in
front of and behind them. When caught turn them over on their backs and they
stop struggling and you can release them from the net much easier.

good luck!
k30a

You may see our pond at:

www.gulftel.com/seadogs