Old 28-04-2008, 02:49 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Pond Addict Pond Addict is offline

Default Fish-proof bottom drain cover?

Maybe the pipe is 4' below ground at the highest. Oh, I see, the
barrels you're talking about are not sealed ones. Yeah, in hindsight
that or a vortex filter would have been a good design. I suspect I can
find a larger holding tank to put before my pump. I had also thought
of caging the drain cover but I couldn't find a way to do that which
wouldn't clog up or else let the fish in. Then again, large stuff
doesn't really get down to the bottom, so that may be a cheaper
possibility.

I'll look into both of those ideas and see what I can find. Thanks.

Dave