Old 28-04-2008, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Trees good for coppicing

In article ,
says...
Hi Everyone
Can anyone tell me what kind of trees I should plant for regular
coppicing for burning on a woodburning stove? I want something that
will burn well, but not take donkey's years to grow (I'm a bit of an
old donkey to start with!)

Our soil is poor, acid and stony.

TIA

Joan in Ayrshire
remove 'spam' from email to reply

Ash would be my first choice and given how easy it is from seed would
cost very little to find out whether it likes your conditions.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk