Old 28-04-2008, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Garage Wall

"TheScullster" wrote in message
. uk...

"'Mike'" wrote in

To start with Phil, would your neighbour object to you painting it? (If
it is an ugly concrete block or concrete sectional that is) My garage is
the latter and is painted. My neighbour has a concrete outbuilding which
looked ugly and I asked if I could paint it .......... no problem at all.

Of course it is dependent on getting on with your neighbours, which I do.

Mike

The garage was painted white by our predecessors unfortunately - it would
have looked much better in the natural brick.
So we intend to paint it a more "interesting" colour, but want something
to screen the end result.
Not sure if we would need the neighbour's permission to paint it, as it
forms the boundary to our property and we have to look at it.
Don't anticipate a problem in any case as we get on with our neighbours
also.

Phil

I think out of manners you would need to mention it to your neighbour. I
have wonderful neighbours all round, front and back (my land goes through to
the road at the back) and we all know how important it is :-)) (When we go
cruising, we have a neighbour who has a set of keys, lets himself in,
collects the mail from the box, open and closes windows and curtains as
required :-)) THAT is a good neighbour :-)

Back to the wall, what about a 'gentle' mural of grass, earth borders, sky,
trees and trunks? Nothing too loud?

Mike