Old 28-04-2008, 02:47 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Bonnie NJ Bonnie NJ is offline

Default How well does water celery filter? 15" of gravy-like muck!

On Apr 27, 8:12 pm, Phyllis and Jim wrote:
I decided it was a good day to clean out two of our three berm veggie
filters. They had not been touched since a little over a year ago.
My conclusion: thick plant roots really do their thing.

Jim

Hi Jim,
Glad to hear that the water celery is doing it's thing for you. I
remember
when I sent you the sprigs of the plants - I do believe that you
thought
that's not much of a filter. Those plants multiply quite rapidly
don't they :-)

Do you have to thin out the plants? I thin mine severely every year,
of course,
my winter kill is more severe than yours.
Bonnie
NJ