Old 28-04-2008, 09:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default A White Epiphyllum

Oh ok, you are only 50 miles south of us, we are zones 9/10 & eight miles
from the ocean as the crow flies.
I suppose you have seen the collection of Epiphyllums at the SD Wild Animal
Park?
Thanks for the potting mix tip.
Kudos to your wife too.
Cheers Wendy
"Bob Williams" wrote in message
Wendy7 wrote:
I totally agree with you Bob, they are my faves next to my orchids &
tillys.
I missed my giant pink, a shame they don't last as they are so beautiful.
What zone are you in & what do you use for the potting mix for these
lovelies?
Cheers Wendy

"Bob Williams" wrote in message
Epis are among my favorite flowers.
Big and bold but delicate and beautiful.
I am also a Macro junkie...... See attached
Bob Williams

I live in Chula Vista (San Diego) CA.

I'm not sure exactly what zone I'm in because San Diego County has so many
"Microclimates" where 10 miles can make a big difference in what grows
well.
Where I live, (3 miles from the ocean), NEVER freezes and it usually takes
a short-lived Santa Ana to get the temperature above 90°F.
My Epis like well filtered sunlite which is nearly constant in San Diego

My wife uses a potting mix called "Palm and Cactus Mix" (Home Depot).
She also gives them a little dose of "Miracle Gro", monthly, starting in
March and continuing until no more buds appear.
Bob