Old 29-04-2008, 03:57 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default What is this on my butterfly bushes????

In article ,
"arkienurse" wrote:

Dare I hope it is the famed Monarch that lead me to plant milkweed plants
and butterfly bush seed last year in the hopes of attracting them??

http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z...current=caterp
illars003.jpg

http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z...current=caterp
illars004.jpg

I have been looking at my flower beds on an almost daily basis. I had to
miss this weekend due to work and going and coming in the dark. Today I got
home in daylight hours, started by my car, and worked my way over. I was so
excited to see these cats on my butterfly weeds. I do know one thing-- if
this truly is monarchs, I had better start off my milkweed seeds in November
or December next year. I started them in peat pellets back in Feb, and
transplanted them out last weekend. They are only a few inches tall, and
only have 4-6 leaves apiece right now. My butterfly bushes came back from
the roots, a pleasant surprise.

Go to www.enature.com to see and hear what's in your neigborhood.
--

Billy