Old 29-04-2008, 03:01 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Pond Addict Pond Addict is offline

Default Fish-proof bottom drain cover?

I was looking at the construction pictures of my pond, and there may
be another location where I could install settlement tanks near the
pond.

One thing I guess I'm not clear on is how large a tank I'd need. It
seems like a lot of vortex filter vendors size by pond size, but it
appears that the pump draw is the main concern for sizing. I'm pulling
about 7500 gph. Any idea how large a container I'd need to not drain
the settlement tank?

I still want to do something with the bottom drain, but this seems
like a good summer project as well.

Thanks,

Dave