Old 29-04-2008, 08:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default Garage Wall

shazzbat wrote:
"TheScullster" wrote in message
. uk...
"Nick Maclaren" wrote

SNIP

Have you considered a fig tree? Nothing like freshly picked figs at the end
of a barbecue, we had some last summer. Less than 5 minutes old, and food
metres = 5.

And have you noticed there are no fig roll biscuits in the shops this year?
Last years Californian fig crop failed, so my favourite biccy is off the
menu :-((

Steve

Figs are tasty, but damsons are extra tasty, I'd go for damsons! As it
is East facing I would have thought it might have a frost problem, not
sure how the figs would fare there, mind you damsons don't like frost
when in flower!