Old 29-04-2008, 02:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Sprinkler time again

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 22:19:29 -0500, Newbie wrote:

Bill wrote:

: I use drip hoses.

I am not familiar with them (an apartment person all life). How do they
work? Do you lay them above ground or do they have to be buried
underneath? If I visualize "drip", how do they get water some distance
from them? Sorry about my ignorance but all help appreciated.

I found the drip hoses to put out more water near the beginning of the
hose and less water at the end (uneven watering). Plus, they can be
tricky to place on a slope.

If you have new transplants, put a pinhole on the bottom of a filled
plastic gallon jug with a loose cap. The jugs are somewhat unsightly,
free and effective, but I only use them for a day.