Old 05-04-2003, 01:20 PM
Priscilla McCullough

Default National Geographic and water hyacinth

I never really had any luck with water hyacinth. I don't know if it got to
much sun or to little.
What took over my ponds is the Parrots Feature. I had a mess with that
stuff. Poor fish didn't hardly have any room to swim when I came home on
vacation one summer.
Priss
http://priss31.tripod.com/SmallPond.html
"Michael Shaffer" wrote in message
That stuff grows like crazy. I had some in my pond last summer and it
took over the whole thing.

Craig Cagle wrote:
Hi all. I just watched a special program on National Geographic channel
about how water hyacinth is taking over Lake Victoria in Africa. They

said
it doubles in area every 14 days! Apparently there is so much of it
fishermen get stranded in it for days and must be rescued. It's messing

up
the ecosystem there as well as keeping people from making their only

means
of income. And to think I wanted to put some in my pond this spring...
Craig