Old 30-04-2008, 12:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Which vegetables can be planted this month?

In article ,
Freedom_Spark wrote:

Thanks, I closed off a small gap beside my gate & since then there
hasn't been any damage, must have been the neighbour's cat, because all
of our dogs are too big to have made it through.

Any way, a few more questions...

My radishes, lettuce, garlic, carrots etc. all seem to be doing quite
well however, I'm slightly worried about my red onions they were
planted as bulbs & there has been no noticable growth, what should I be
seeing by now?

Also, would there be any reason that my courgettes appear to be growing
roots upwards :-S I hope there's no specific way seeds have to be
planted I just randomly throw them in the tray & push them down
slightly.

Also, a sweet pepper question, do they require alot of heat to grow
because I've had a few in trays just with propogator lids on top but no
sign of germination as yet.

Peppers may take 2-3 weeks to germinate, under ideal conditions. Optimum
temp, according to the Vegetable Gardener's Bible, 80F to 85F is the
optimum temperature for germination. Cooler or warmer will slow down or
prevent germination.

Thanks again everyone I'll get the hang of it eventually

--

Billy
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=7WBB0s...eature=related