Old 29-04-2008, 10:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Maggie's Mom Maggie's Mom is offline

Default scale on orchids?!

Believe me, I've had more leaf burns from horticultural oil than from
anything else I've used, and this Bayer bug killer seems to be really
effective in particular on scale, whether in the crawler stage, or mature
specimens. My worry is, since I've never used it on orchids, will this have
some sinister latent effect, that will destroy the orchids while I am not
watching...

I am relatively new to orchids, but they seem to be doing OK, even blooming
just about 2 x yearly - the scale on them is the newest development. I've
never had any bugs on orchids before, so I am allowing myself to panic a
bit.

I will look at the firstrays.com, and still will be grateful for any input.
Thanks! - Maggie's Mom.

wrote in message
i've done the alcohol-and-a-qtip thing, and then sprayed down with a
horticultural oil. but there are quite a few home remedies that folks
on here know; also, there are some recipes on ray's site:
firstrays.com

good luck!

--j_a