Old 29-04-2008, 09:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Help/advice please

Wally wrote:
"Nitro®" wrote in message
om...
"Wally" wrote in message
At the end of last season I made some raised beds,
sieved soil, stable waste and farm yard manure all
mixed.
This was covered with old carpet to stop any weed
growth.

Today I uncovered and loosened the soil and found a lot of
Centipedes and millipedes.

Now for my questions.

1 Do they do any harm ?
2 If so, how do I get rid of them ?
3 If they are harmless, (to crops) should I
just leave them alone ?

Your advice would be appreciated.

Wally

I would say that by removing the carpet you have done enough
to move them on.

Yes but move on to where, I'm concerned that they might attack
my root crops, potato, parsnips etc.
If they are harmful then I would like to be rid of them.

Wally

No expert Wally, but I've not had any problems with 'pedes attacking crops.
--
Pete C
London UK