Old 05-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Brian Berggoetz

Default [IBC] Trident Fungus

I have recently received a Trident Maple from a friend in a local club.
It's about 18" high and 2" trunk, but he had repotted it and noticed
something wrong and didn't want to deal with it. Thenew leaves are
browning almost as soon as they open. It is in full shade in a larger
size flattish clay pot, a bulb pot. It is in a basic desert bonsai mix,
I have stopped misting it daily, and I only water it when the soil is
dry a half inch under the soil. I have tried to reference the symptoms
and have found it to appear like a fungus, Anthracnose. The question is
whether the diagnosis is right and whether the tree can be saved. Any
thoughts? From zone 12 in Tucson, Brian

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++