Old 30-04-2008, 04:04 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,alt.survival,misc.rural
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Noisy squirrel in my attic. How do I get it out?

NapalmHeart wrote:

Beware. You mustn't shoot squirrels out of season or without a
license.

It all depends on the laws of your state. In my state (MI) you don't
need a license to hunt small game on your own land. Further, if an
animal is a pest it can be dealt with.

Hmm. Makes sense that the state would have facilities for relocating a
destructive deer or moose or even a mountain lion. They certainly do it for
alligators in Florida.*

So, call your state game and fish commission and demand they relocate the
pesky squirrel(s).

That's what your tax money if for (tell them)!

-------
*Though not Louisiana. I recall an interview with the governor of Louisiana
when a reporter suggested that animal preservation activists were opposed to
an open hunting season on alligators.

"Well, son, they don't know nothin' 'bout gators! We's lip-deep in gators
down here! They's lined up on the side of the interstate just a-waitin' for
somebody to have a flat! You gimme the names of some of them folks up in
Massachusetts or wherever and I'll SEND 'em some 'gators. We's got lots!"