Old 30-04-2008, 11:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default stop snails climbing shrubs

"Lol" wrote in message
om...

Just found reference to copper strips as a barrier, does that really work,
or simply a cash crop at garden centre tills?

In my experience the strips aren't very effective.

We make our own copper collars, the garden supplier ones are exorbitant.

You can either go to your local scrap metal merchant and buy a copper
cylinder then cut it to the size you want or even buy sheets of new copper.
That's what we do these days because we use the copper for other purposes,
it's easier to work than scrap metal and it's easier to store. It's also
usually thinner, it doesn't need to be thick.

Mary