Old 30-04-2008, 05:37 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default Happy Tuesday!

On 4/30/08 7:18 AM, in article ,
"enigma" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote in
:

I'm with you, I'll allow the PI and pull the Oriental
Bittersweet and the Norway Maples.

i'm still working on the damned Oriental bittersweet after
almost 9 years here. that stuff is hard to get rid of if you
don't use herbicides.

Snip the vines going up. Not the fastest way, but it works
i think i'll have a party when we take down the big nasty
Norway maple next to the house. i couldn't get the loggers to
cut it... too close to the house & useless as lumber

Burns OK though. Not hard, not soft, so not an over night wood or a starter,
but it does produce BTUs
i drove past Scenic Nursery yesterday. they are open & were
pretty busy, despite the rain. the river was edging up to some
of the shrub pots, but they weren't under water again at
least.
lee

Hurrah! not next week, I'm working a ton of hours, but maybe the week after.