Old 30-04-2008, 06:00 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma enigma is offline

Default Happy Tuesday!

Cheryl Isaak wrote in
:

On 4/30/08 7:18 AM, in article
, "enigma"
wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote in
:

I'm with you, I'll allow the PI and pull the Oriental
Bittersweet and the Norway Maples.

i'm still working on the damned Oriental bittersweet after
almost 9 years here. that stuff is hard to get rid of if
you don't use herbicides.

Snip the vines going up. Not the fastest way, but it works

i'm getting a lot of little vines from the roots. not bad in
the areas i can mow, but hard to keep up with in the bog & on
one tree stump. i swear the previous owner planted every
invasive on the list... the only things i don't have are
Japanese knotweed & hogweed... & there's Japanese knotweed up
43 headed towards my swamp

i think i'll have a party when we take down the big nasty
Norway maple next to the house. i couldn't get the loggers
to cut it... too close to the house & useless as lumber

Burns OK though. Not hard, not soft, so not an over night
wood or a starter, but it does produce BTUs

i'll add it to the sap boiler fuel pile (unless i get my
greenhouse & outdoor wood furnace to heat it)

i drove past Scenic Nursery yesterday. they are open &
were pretty busy, despite the rain. the river was edging
up to some of the shrub pots, but they weren't under water
again at least.

Hurrah! not next week, I'm working a ton of hours, but
maybe the week after.

i have an appointment with the cancer doc on the 12th, but
otherwise nothing on the schedule that week.
lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there