Old 30-04-2008, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default stop snails climbing shrubs

"Peter James" wrote in message
.uk...
... The other precaution is to make sure that
the foliage of the plant is not touching any other plant or wall or
object.
They will go up one plant in order to get to another.

They will indeed.

I once protected tomato seedlings by standing the pots on a high device. I
saw a slug climbing to the tip of a small broom and weighting down the top
branch so that the seedlings could be reached.

Intelligent slugs!

How did it know the seedlings were there? How did it know which way to bend
the branch??

I can't forget the sight, you really must admire such a feat - although I
still don't warm to slugs.

Mary