Old 30-04-2008, 04:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Blc. Greenwich 'Elmhurst'

I bought a seedling of this, too and was disappointed in the flowering.
Sometimes I think the preponderance of crosses are crap and then there's the
one individual that's great and makes the name for the cross. Then we all
go buying the cross and get the usual crap. Anymore the same with
mericlones. I've run into a few mericlones that weren't like the original
at all. I wound up tossing my Greenwich. Stuff that's disappointing I
don't pass along. I just toss it.

K Barrett

"tenman" wrote in message
news:AMCdnVCB57UUTYrVnZ2dnUVZ_tbinZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
Maybe I should say, Green which??

I'm very disappointed in this flower - I've grown several mericlones of
this plant up from small seedling size and this is the first to bloom -
yellow with a deformed lip, not the stunning green I wanted. I won't
toss it yet - I'll let bloom again next year, but if it repeats the same
way, I'll assume it's a bad mericlone and toss it out.