Old 22-02-2003, 06:03 PM

Default Greenhouse started corn

"Ian" wrote in message
om...
Can someone tell me why corn plants don't cob when they are started
three or so weeks eary in a greenhouse?
Thanks

Ian

I have started sweet corn in my greenhouse for about nine years now. I
always have a great crop. I raise it in my float bed. 2 seeds to a cell. I
plant it the first week in April and transplant it outside around Mother's
Day. It is usually about 6 or 8 inches high. I always have silver queen
about two weeks before it comes on the market.(about the second week of
July) I plant the rest of the garden at that time with regular seed. When
the transplanted corn is gone - the other is ready. I live in southern Ohio
and it does great.
Susie