Old 30-04-2008, 08:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Pots frpm Wal-Mart

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 09:56:49 -0500, Charlie wrote:

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 09:38:57 -0500, "Moe Jones"
wrote:

I am currently using some pots from Wal-Mart and am wondering if others are
using the same pots?
What do you think of them?

Yep. I use the same ones and they are fine, with modification, IMO.

The thing I don't like about them is that they hold too much water in
the bottom "saucer", so I drill a hole in the side of the saucer for
drainage.

Charlie

I don't use saucers for potted plants outdoors. That can quickly kill
some plants. I use trivets or just two chopsticks to hold the pot up
off the deck. That way there is fast drainage and helps prevent deck
wood rot. I put extra holes in some pots, depending on the plant/pot.