Old 01-05-2008, 09:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default stop snails climbing shrubs

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message

There is someone who contributes to this group who has a copper
business, it may be that she might be interested in this, I certainly
would be interested in using copper collars.

I've been following this thread, and thinking exactly the same thing! ;-)

Problem would be in the variety of sizes that we would need to produce...

No, you don't need more than three sizes, I'd have thought two would be
enough.

we couldn't have an overlap of velcro at the ends, either, or the slugs
would soon find it - and the 1/2" braided copper has many sharp ends.

You don't need Velcro either.

We don't use braided copper, just solid sheet, might be swg18, I could ask
him.

Mary