Old 01-05-2008, 10:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Is my euonymous dying ?

In article ,
says...

I planted a euonymous in my garden in late summer last year - the gold
and green type - sorry don't know the species. Reasonably large
specimen - came in a 10L pot.

This year, the foliage seems to have died back with the branches
exposed and bare. There are some signs of some new leaf growth closer
to the base of the plant so all may not be lost.

Any thoughts on what the problem might be. Should I give up or
persevere.

All advixe gratefully received.

Thanks

Evergreens are best planted in the spring to give the roots time to
establish before winter (not a lot of help to you now!) Perversly
evergreens can drought in winter unless they have good root systems they
just can not cope with strong drying winds
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk