Old 01-05-2008, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default ASPARAGUS

"chris thame" wrote...
My asparagus bed is being killed off by bindweed - I want to take up
the plants, kill the bindweed and replant - can I do this now?

How do you intend to kill the Bindweed?
It's quite a tough plant to kill and if the bed is badly infected then it
will take a number of sprayings over, say, a complete season to kill it.
Also, you also need a weedkiller that will kill the roots, and that is
usually taken up by the green leaves which are not showing much yet.
Take up the Sparrow Grass now and replant somewhere else.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden