Old 01-05-2008, 11:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Colorful plants bring both excitement and tranquility to garden

" wrote in message
This time of year has a special place in my heart. Every season has
its own characteristics and I wouldn’t want to change any of them,
even the so-called bleak midwinter. But right now, at the height of a
new spring season, I feel that exhilaration and contentment common to
gardeners and horticulturists around the world.

Question for the tree person at Greenwood Nursery about staking trees..

What would you suggest is the best way to stake a tree and why? Type of
material, where and how attached, how long and why.
When I say the best way I mean for a tree planted correctly. When I say
correctly I mean planted at the depth the roots (woody) are coming off the
trunk or the trunk flare and no deeper..

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.