Old 01-05-2008, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Living herbs bought from supermarket

In article ,
writes:
| My wife has bought some parsley , one curly leaf and one flat leaf,
| growing in a pot and enclosed (held up!) with plastic wrapping. Once
| the wrapping is removed both herbs were very floppy and do look rather
| pale. The curly leaf parsley has seemed to have died now. Is there
| anything that we can do to save the other. These plants look quite
| good in the supermarket but after only a couple of days at home they
| fade fast, particularly if the wrapper is taken off and they have no
| support.

No. Save your money and grow them yourself; they are grown under
conditions that you don't want to replicate, and the shock of being
moved to a supermarket and then a house is too much for them. The
main exception, in my experience, is basil - you can sometimes keep
that going for some time.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.