Old 22-02-2003, 06:03 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Gardening Record Keeping Software

On Sat, 22 Feb 2003 17:09:41 GMT, "Andy N"
wrote:

The post advocating computer gardening software would have a very distinct
advantage over the pencil and paper method in my opinion. With a computer,
one can plot the numerous charts and graphs with perfect symmetry with many
more colors than practically available using colored pencils, crayons and
magic markers.
The entire industry evolves around all the ridiculous, simple-minded
computer generated worthless and non-productive, totally wasteful paper
trails so why shouldn't some intelligent computer savvy individual with the
first attempt at gardening incorporate this to gardening also?

In this particular case, it's far from my first attempt at
gardening. I've been gardening for about 30 years. But
this year, I decided that I wish to have the ease and
functionality of using a program specifically designed for
the purpose of keeping gardening records.

I want the time-saving it will give me, as well as the
increased functionality. My time and energy are limited by
health problems, and I don't enjoy doing the same task over
and over again manually in any case.

Imagine how impressive it would be to show the various differently colored
charts and graphs to another gardener that had only a sheet of paper using a
graphite pencil.

I'll likely not be showing them to anyone, but I'll enjoy
them myself!

Why does everyone seem to be so hesitant to incorporate the latest readily
available technology?

I don't know. I don't share that syndrome.

Pat
--
Pat Meadows
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY