Old 02-05-2008, 02:29 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Gabbages

In article ,
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

"mw80" wrote in message

Can you buy Sluggo in the UK?

No idea. I never look at pesticide and herbicide shelves. You know when
you're getting to that department by the odour.

Mary

Plates of beer work pretty good for slugs. They seem to prefer dark ale.
;-) We've drowned many a slug that way.

I'm fortunate that I have a plethora of snails that don't eat my plants.
I only ever find them eating algae and on dead stuff. Not sure what
species they are but I've never seen them eating my live plants.

Good thing too as there are thousands of them... Two different species.

They are not attracted to the beer either. The slugs sure are tho'.

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."
-- Jack Nicholson