Old 02-05-2008, 04:04 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default URGENT - Another sick fish

On Thu, 1 May 2008 13:37:54 EDT, Pond Addict
wrote:

I think I see it clearing up actually so I may let it sit a while
longer.

It was recommended by the KHA board to leave it alone, as you've already
deducted. ;-)

never ever use Pranzi, it is toxic to fish.

Praziquantel? It is? Everything I see online says things like this:

I thought Ingrid had mis-read, but when I googled the word she typed
"Pranzi" I couldn't find anything that matched as a fish med. So I don't
know what she's talking about regarding Prazi. I've had very good results
with this pesticide, and never a problem, nor have I heard any about any
problems.

I've heard different thoughts about this lately, but I'm surprised
that .3% is considered high by some people and completely acceptable
by others.

0.3% has never trashed fins at my house, nor is it consider high.

Also, the fins look fine. I'm pretty sure that the one with the tear
snagged on the net or something during the trip to the Tricide-Neo
dip.

What kind of net are you using? The best investment net wise I made for my
large fish was a koi sock. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us