Old 05-04-2003, 03:32 PM
Dennis G.

Default Pony Tail Palm ( Beaucarnea recurvata) leaves turning brown

(Nikolaus Hiebaum) wrote:

Hi -

My Pony Tail Palm I got a few weeks stands in a room which is bright
and not well-heated (in Vienna, Austria (Europe) we are gradually
heading for winter), and the some leaves started to turn brown.

A women returned a Majesty Palm with brown leaves yesterday. The soil
was dry but had enough moisture near the surface to keep leaves green.
When I popped the palm out of the pot to look at the roots, there was
an overpowering smell of ammonia and root decay.

Have you got a cat(s)?

Dennis