Old 02-05-2008, 09:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default stop snails climbing shrubs

"Judith in France" wrote in message
On May 1, 4:42 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Judith in France" wrote in

What you need is a flexible copper tape, wafer thin, it could come on
a roll, rather like sellotape. I have seen such a thing on my
friend's large garden pots, half way up the pot, it stops slugs
climbing into the pot and it works 100%. Now that could well be a
lucrative sideline for your business.

Yes but it doesn't last, the copper rings last for ever - well, they'll
see
us out :-)

Mary

I'm sure copper rings are the best but I was thinking of the initial
outlay, it could well be expensive and for those on a limited budget,
I thought copper tape would be an acceptable solution.

Fair point - although if it's a short-lived outlay it seems a waste. I've
done it :-(

Mary