Old 02-05-2008, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Potatoes! I don't believe it

On 2 May, 09:04, JamesB wrote:
Dave Hill wrote:
Lat June I planted out some potatoes that I had found with nice little
sprouts on them,
Nothing happened, well 1 did throw up a pathetic sprout but gave up
after a couple of weeks.
Well I went down there today and blow me, there is a lovely row with
potatoes all about 2 inches high.
I have never heard of potatoes sitting dormant for almost a year in
the soil.

I'm still finding sprouting potatoes in my raspberry bed after 3 years.

--
James

After giving this problem a lot more thought I am wondering if the
potatoes had been sprayed with a retradant whilst in store, but that
should have stoped then sprouting last year in the bags ????
David Hill