Old 02-05-2008, 11:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Living herbs bought from supermarket

"®óñ© © ²°¹°-°²" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 2 May 2008 10:29:22 +0100, "'Mike'" wrote
and included this (or some of this):

Last year I bought a pot of live parsley from Tesco.

I split it into 8 clumps and planted them in my greenhouse. They grew
like weeds and we had fresh parsley for months. Far easier than
seeds.

This is what we found. But they DO have to be split ASAP

I split them soon after purchase and ended up with 8 large clumps of
parsley growing on for the rest of the season. Without splitting,
there would have been a mass clump of intertwined smallish plants.

and died which is what I think the OP's problem was.

Mike