Old 02-05-2008, 12:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default stop snails climbing shrubs

"Lol" wrote in message
om...

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"Lol" wrote in message
m...
We have a 2yr old weeping Caragana Arborescens in a large pot in front
garden, and snails are determined to killl kill kill.

It's a case of picking off 20+ every night, and last year they succeeded
in destroying all new shoots, and bypassing a cardboard collar I fitted
to stop them climbing up.

What other ideas to stop them do you have?

thanks,
lol

Why cardboard?

Mary

Because it was handy, and easy to cut to the shape I wanted - a downward
facing collar - and tape onto the stem. No idea how to do that in copper.

Didn't work at all, of course

:-)

Lol