Old 02-05-2008, 12:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,england.rec.gardening,free.uk.gardening
Amethyst Deceiver Amethyst Deceiver is offline

Default Nematode control of slugs

In article DZSdnR9ZRJnwSoTVnZ2dnUVZ8uCdnZ2d@plusnet, ex@directory
says...
Has anyone had any experience of using nematodes as an organic
biological way to control slugs and snails in the garden or allotment?

I treated two of my raised beds beds with nematodes a fortnight ago.
Last weekend I noticed that slugs were attacking the brassicas on the
patio, in the cold frame. I moved the remaining seedlings to one of the
raised beds, ready to be planted, last weekend. They haven't been
touched since.

I'm currently very happy with nematodes!