Old 02-05-2008, 04:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Copper Anti Slug and Snail Rings

"'Mike'" wrote
I have some old scrap cable under the bench somewhere. Thought I would give
it a try on making some rings/hoops and putting them round the plants as
they come up :-)

Could try to be clever ;-) and put two rings round, one inside the other
about 1 Centimetre apart, but one made of tinned copper wire, then, when
the slug/snail goes over it, there just might be an Electric Current
formed by virtue of two dissimilar metals thus we have our own little
Cathodic Protection system ;-)

Watch this space

The ground is going to have to be very flat for those to work Mike, usually
they are copper rings made out of strip copper, a bit like a large pastry
cutter, so one side can be pushed into the soil so the little blighters
can't crawl under. Of course none of them work for those slugs that live
underground.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden