Old 03-05-2008, 12:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
lnw lnw is offline

Default Copper Anti Slug and Snail Rings

"'Mike'" wrote in message
I have some old scrap cable under the bench somewhere. Thought I would give
it a try on making some rings/hoops and putting them round the plants as
they come up :-)

Could try to be clever ;-) and put two rings round, one inside the other
about 1 Centimetre apart, but one made of tinned copper wire, then, when
the slug/snail goes over it, there just might be an Electric Current
formed by virtue of two dissimilar metals thus we have our own little
Cathodic Protection system ;-)

Watch this space

Mike

Copper is very expensive so I've bought a few of those copper-coloured pot
scrubbers from Wilko. They're cheapish and appear to have a thin copper
coating, maybe they will work and snarl up the slugs. I intend to pull
apart a pot scraper and make it into a circle to fit around the top of a
pot. At any rate, the slugs will get theyselves cut up trying get through
the pot scraper, I hope.

someone