Old 03-05-2008, 12:23 PM posted to aus.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Large scale permaculture

"Billy" wrote in message news:wildbilly-
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:
"0tterbot" wrote in message

Tut tut. I'm sure you do care as I can't imagine that you could
possibly
approve of the invasion of Iraq based on falsified information.

i didn't, i don't.

:-)) Thought not.

but i don't give a flying **** who the president of the usa is, &
that's
the truth!! :-D whether i care or not i can't do anything about it, so
therefore don't invest any energy in caring about any of them.

Well there is that. Given how sick I am of the coverage of the
Democratic
contest, by the time the real contest comes round to elect the new
President, I don't think I'll give a flyer either.

honestly, all we are seeing is the bush effect - nobody in the world
wants
to see anyone like that in power again, EVER.

Sorry to say but Bush isn't the problem.

Well he certainly isn't part of the solution either, but he and anyone in
his position should be.

If the new government doesn't go after the malfeasance of this
administration, then we are all in deep doo.

Welcome to our world Billy. We had the a similar situation here for the
past 11 years. I have voted for both sides of the political spectrum in
this country but I am very pleased that not once did I vote for anyone in
the last Government. By the time they got the axe, they too had become a
weeping sore just as Bush seems to have done for you. You get your chance
next year but I have to say that so far I'm underwhelmed with your choices.

oh dear. i think the truth is that most people worldwide are "a bunch
of
idiots". truly. the modern world is ridiculously complicated & lots of
people simply can't keep up.

Especially when their governments and the media present them with bald
faced lies or information that is so freakin' skewed, that reality is
imperceptible. If you're a democratically elected leader of a country
that opposes American foreign policy, you're a militant. If you're a
ruthless dictator who supports American foreign policy, you're our ally
for peace.

But I see that as the fault of a lazy public as all politicians will try to
use that sort of idiotic brain washing. It's designed to manipulate those
within the populace who are gullible and/or stupid. Anyone capable of any
degree of clear thinking should only be caught by it once. How many times
does Joe Public have to be bludgeoned over the head about whatever the
current political issue is, get all excited and whipped up because of the
patriotic (usually) rubbish he's being spoon fed before he finally starts to
think for himself and realises that the last time he was sucked in and
believed the lies, he felt like a total fool when it all came unstuck?

It seems that Joe Public either doesn't care or is too stupid to know that
he's being manipualted.

With access to the internet, there is no way that anyone should accept
unquestioningly anything they are fed by the media. The world is a big
place and access to all sorts of differing of views is only a few clicks
away (or should be).

In the case of the Tampa and much else in the past 11 years it was a case
of
sinking backwards into the primordial ooze, not furthering the cause of
rational thinking or high human ideals.

Speaking of rational thinking, it was good to hear one of your
countrym . ., hehem, citizens, Helen Caldicott, on the radio last
thursday, http://www.flashpoints.net/ . She is supposed to be starting a
new radio programm soon on KPFT, Huston http://www.kpft.org/index.php .
Always refreshing to be exposed to reality.

I've only ever read a few of the things she has written and heard her a few
times as she has mostly lived in the US. What I have seen of her is
impressive, as at least she seems to be able to use her loaf. Sadly there
don't seem to be enough of such people around.