Old 03-05-2008, 11:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Copper Anti Slug and Snail Rings

On May 3, 2:38 am, Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from Judith in France contains
these words:

On May 2, 8:12 pm, Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from "Bob Hobden" contains these words:

Got some copper pipe I could flatten on the Anvil :-))

If you could split it lengthways first so it's twice the depth, even
better.
I too have quite a bit of copper pipe in the garage so I'll try the
metal cutting disc on the angle grinder... should work.

How much would you need? I could send you some of our scrap pieces of
the copper ridge we use on roofs, so you could experiment, if you want?

It is 15 cms deep, with flutes (just like a scone cutter) on each side.
Being shaped in an inverted 'V', it would probably be best to cut it in
half, for posting, though. (You can see it on the website.)

Anne, think what you could do with your scrap pieces!

Well, I'm much too busy to even think about diversifying, Judith, but
I'm willing to sacrifice some short lengths of copper, in the pursuit
of knowledge. Anything to beat the damned slugs! ;-)

--
AnneJ

Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion
now accepted was once eccentric. ~Bertrand Russell (1872-1970)

It's a pity I don't live near, I would be up for some. p.s. off
topic but a few days ago I sent an enquiry direct to your company for
a copper bangle, did your office manager get it?

Judith