Old 03-05-2008, 10:20 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default ducks to squirrels

On Fri, 2 May 2008 20:56:42 EDT, Chip wrote:
Don't say I didn't warn you. I thought they were cute too, for a while.

Just like squirrels, when we moved into this neighborhood there were no
squirrels, 5 years later the trees were bigger and I saw a squirrel. So
yep, I just had to put out a feeder. 15 years later, these little
terrorists... if I forget to fill the feeder, will do dances in my flower
pots. I feel like I'm under forced duress.... but they've become our
"non-vet-needed" pets.

The actual bad thing is the critter(s) that is coming in the yard now and
digging up the dirt where they think the squirrels might have buried
peanuts. Now that critter is a real PAIN. When I finally plant that area
I'll have to put wire fencing on it to protect the plants. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us