Old 04-05-2008, 10:12 AM posted to aus.gardens,rec.gardens
Jonno[_6_] Jonno[_6_] is offline

Default Grey laundry water for garden watering?

FarmI wrote:
"enigma" wrote in message
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote in
"enigma" wrote in message

lee contemplating windmills
What are you contemplating windmills for? To pump water
from your well?

electricty generation. i'm on a ridge & there is always some
breeze. i don't expect to make money, but if i can offset the
US$300+/month in electric bills a little, i'd be happy.

What a co-incidence! Today my husband and I went to a Festival in a small
village reasonably near us. Dear, scruffy little village just off the
highway and we have often stopped there to go to the loo in the village park
rather than use the disgusting overused toilet facilities available on the
highway rest areas/clip joints. The last few times we'd been there we'd
noticed a couple of small electric generating windmills on one particualr
house along with a solar array.

Today we specifically went for a walk so we could check out this house and
it's set up as I was hoping to be able to read a name on the windmills -
sadly nothing but a coat of paint. It been a very still, gorgeous Autumn
day, with what we thought was no breze but these little guys were still
turning and still generating - they were impressive.

Ye gods a toilet inspector. Also a wind expert, and now a electrical
name inspector. And a commentator. What will they think of next...