Old 04-05-2008, 05:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Container Garden:Transplanting Mint

In article ,
"R M. Watkin" wrote:

Hi All,

"kitamun" wrote in message
.net...

says...

I received from Nichols Seed Company yesterday the two mint plants I
ordered in January. One is a Black Simpson peppermint and the other a
spearmint. I am considering transplanting them both to a seven gallon
nursery pot. They will share an apartment for a while until I figure-
out how much of each I will use. If I need more of either for my
kitchen later I will take a cutting or a root to another location.

Are there cautions to this plan that my inexperience in gardening is
not allowing me to see?

I thank everyone who posted in response to my inquiry of suitability
to potting peppermint and spearmint plants together. The main caution
was their known tendency to colonize nearby territory. I planted them
together in a seven gallon nursery pot (14 inch diameter) and told
them to stay there. They seemed to agree that they would.

http://fasterupload.com/files/83976afnfc569bwkc3lc.jpg

Kitamun

I would not count on it. Mint has been known to lie

Richard M. Watkin.

LOL!!!

So does Lemon Verbena. ;-)

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."
-- Jack Nicholson