Old 04-05-2008, 06:01 PM posted to aus.gardens,rec.gardens
Jonno[_6_] Jonno[_6_] is offline

Default Grey laundry water for garden watering?

enigma wrote:
Jonno wrote in
u:

FarmI wrote:
"enigma" wrote in message
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote in
"enigma" wrote in message

lee contemplating windmills
What are you contemplating windmills for? To pump water
from your well?
electricty generation. i'm on a ridge & there is always
some breeze. i don't expect to make money, but if i can
offset the US$300+/month in electric bills a little, i'd
be happy.
What a co-incidence! Today my husband and I went to a
Festival in a small village reasonably near us. Dear,
scruffy little village just off the highway and we have
often stopped there to go to the loo in the village park
rather than use the disgusting overused toilet facilities
available on the highway rest areas/clip joints. The last
few times we'd been there we'd noticed a couple of small
electric generating windmills on one particualr house
along with a solar array.

Today we specifically went for a walk so we could check
out this house and it's set up as I was hoping to be able
to read a name on the windmills - sadly nothing but a coat
of paint. It been a very still, gorgeous Autumn day, with
what we thought was no breze but these little guys were
still turning and still generating - they were impressive.

Ye gods a toilet inspector. Also a wind expert, and now a
electrical name inspector. And a commentator. What will
they think of next...

ye gods! an inane commentator adding nothing to the convo.

yes, the small windmills don't need a whole lot of breeze. 4-
6kph is enough. we get that fairly steady most of the year (&
higher frequently). i guess it makes up for this latitude's
low sun angle
BTW, Fran, could you pop me off an email? i have some cancer
questions for you.
lee

That was an attempt at humour. This subject is so boring.
Windmills like this can be imported directly and cheaply from China
these days....Is that adding to the conversation?