Old 04-05-2008, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
p. pleater p. pleater is offline

Default Slugs and coffee

I've decided to follow up on the idea featured a few weeks ago on
Gardeners World which showed the new lass using coffee grounds as a slug
deterrent.
Yesterday I collected half a carrier bag of spent grounds from our local
Wetherspoons (which they were delighted to give away and offered me a
couple of barrow loads a week!!) and have scattered it fairly thickly
around several clumps of Hostas....we shall see.
As I said to my wife, its worth the experiment, even though I felt
reluctantly duty-bound to down a few jars of beer, purely as a show of
appreciation, you understand
Strange, she didn't believe me !!

pp.